Monday, September 19, 2011

Extra Credit for Attending Workshops

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're having a good day! I wanted to let you know about some special, free classes (workshops) that we are offering in the tutoring lab. There is a workshop each week from now until the end of the semester. Each workshop is one hour long.

I will give you extra credit if you go to the workshops. I will give you 5 points for each workshop that you attend if you write a paragraph about it and turn it in to me. In the paragraph, you should discuss:

1) What did you do during the workshop?
2) What did you learn?
3) How will this help you become a better writer/student?

You must write AT LEAST 1/2 page. There are 8 workshops total, so if you go to every one, you can earn 40 points of extra credit!!! :)

If you can't go to the workshops because the times are not convenient for you, you can still earn extra credit. If you go to the lab for 10 OR MORE hours during the semester, I will give you 10 points of extra credit for your grade. You must go for at least 10 hours to get these points.

This is a total of 50 points of extra credit!!!! If you have any questions, please let me know.

Here is the schedule for the workshops: https://sites.google.com/site/miramarbasicskillslab/workshops

No comments:

Post a Comment